Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inconceivable! Cow!

In Popular Cultures class today, we discuss how the movies Star Wars has change filming and we discuss how movies like Star Wars had an impact on today's movies. Movies like Harry Potter, Twister, and the Titanic are just to name a few. Even if I did not see when the movie the Princess Bride did not first came out, I saw it when I was like six or something like that and for some reason, I remember being afraid of the giant rats and some short guy always yelling Incovceivable. I probably remember the movie Twister better because it has been my favorite movie since I first saw it when my dad bought it home. I recall wearing out the tape and the VCR because we watch it so much. Ever since then, whenever it rain or storm, I always had to watch Twister and scare myself. My family and I would always laugh about how we would turn on that movie whenever it was storming and talk about how some of the movie was film in Iowa. This was one of the very few movies that I would have to say that my dad and I would enjoy together. This movie has always good memories surrounding it. One being that one of my cousins whom I use to babysit for give my husband and I, the tape in a Victoria Secret bag on our wedding day and it is funny that we still have it.  So when I'm ask what my favorite movie is, I probably would always say Twister.
The movie Twister had some enjoyable jokes in it. I always thought it was funny how the two main characters were always at each other's throats but slowly fell back in love with each other as they chase (or being chase by) a tornado. At the time, that the movie Twister come out, there was another movie called Tornado that wasn't as popular as Twister. I had seen bites and pieces of it but had not enjoy it as much as I had with the movie Twister. Tornado was a little more bloody then I care for. I do not care for bloody and horror like films. I know that a lot of people like horror films but I can not stand them because of the bloodshed or because of how the horror in the movies do not make sense to me. Why do you want to scare yourselves is probably what I'm always asking when I hear of a new horror movie coming out.


With the movie Twister, many people from my generation had become interested in how the weather and maybe even the technology use in that movie work. There are several people I know who go out in the bad weather and chase after tornados. These types of people who do this have told me that Twister was a good way to get interested in that type of work. Whenever I got together with friends and if it is a stormy looking day like today, I will always watch the movie Twister. So tonight is a good night for my all time favorite movie and time to watch the cows fly, and maybe if there is time, I'll watch Westley take on Andre the giant or go up against giant rats and shieking eels to protect Buttercup. 'As you wish.'

No comments:

Post a Comment